STEP1 Qualifications for using the pass:
You must be a “foreign tourist” or those whose statuses of residence in Japan are “foreign entrants of short-term stay whose purpose is tourism” to purchase and use the pass. We do not issue the pass to those whose status of residence is not the above-mentioned (e.g. “trainee”, “entertainer”, “reentry”). Foreign residents in Japan or those who are living in Japan while holding a foreign passport also cannot use the pass.
STEP2 With the pass you can board the ferry up to 6 times within the valid period (21days).
- ・The pass is valid for 21 days including the day it was issued (from the first boarding day ~ the last boarding day)
- ・The pass can only be used for ferries owned by the ferry companies listed in the official website of Japan Ferry Pass 21.
- ・If you want to change your room’s class (e.g. your room reserved→the premium room, the suite room) after boarding, you can do so by registering at the ferry’s counter and paying the normal fare difference between classes. If you reserved “Ferry Sunflower” and are wishing to make a room change, you can do so by registering at the port’s counter where you will be given your card key. We only accept cash (Japanese yen). We do not accept credit cards.
- ・The Japan Ferry Pass 21can only be used by its signer. The pass cannot be transferred.
- ・No refunds are accepted after the Japan Ferry Pass 21 is issued.
- ・Depending on the route, there are times when the rooms are full and no reservations can be made.
- ・Neither do we extend the valid period of the Japan Ferry Pass 21 nor accept any refunds after purchase. The same rule is applied even when a service is cancelled due to bad weather or delay. We will not take any additional transportation and accommodation fees when there is a route change.
STEP3 Online registration and reservation
- Please register and make a reservation from the official website of Japan Ferry Pass 21 which can be found in Long Course Ferry Service Association’s homepage. You can do this at any time you want; before or after arriving at Japan.
- Click on the route you prefer and it will take you directly to the reservation page of the responsible ferry company. The reservation must be done 3 days before the boarding day in Japan time (e.g. If you want to board on Tuesday, you must complete your reservation by Saturday).
- If this is the first time making reservation, first register by entering your name, e-mail address, phone number, boarding day and other necessary information in the form. Once you register, your registration number will be issued.
- From the next time, you only have to enter your registration number and e-mail address.
- For a reservation of more than 2 persons, please reserve under the name of the group’s representative.
- For a reservation of more than 4 persons, please divide it into two times and reserve separately.
- If a member of the group is planning to move separately from the middle of the trip, that individual is recommended to either make an individual reservation or make another reservation of the group to which he or she will pertain newly.
STEP4 Receiving reservations
- A mail confirming your reservation will be sent automatically. Later a mail confirming your reservation from the ferry company responsible for your trip will also be sent. Once your reservation is confirmed, a mail with your .reservation number will be sent and the process is complete. *Your reservation number is NOT your registration number. Registration number is written in the confirmation mail sent after completing your online reservation.
- If you want to cancel or make any changes in your reservation, please go to the cancellation page. If you want to make changes in your reservation, cancel the current one and make a new reservation. If you reserved the .Taiheiyo Ferry, you can also make changes or cancellations by phone
STEP5 Purchase your Ferry Pass at the port’s counter on the boarding day
- Please present either a printed copy of the mail or the actual mail shown on your smartphone and the passports of all passengers. You will also be asked to fill in a small form at the port’s counter.
- The payment shall be made in Japanese yen. We do not accept credit cards.
- The ferry pass will not be issued if there is no presentation of your passport as we cannot confirm the individual’s status of residence. The passport must be original. A copy of it is not allowed.
- During busy hours, the counter will be crowded and it takes time to issue the pass. We recommend you to be at the port 1 hour before the departure time.